Sunday, April 6, 2014

Organizing Lesson Plans

Three years ago, I stumbled upon a website called Planbook.com. Thank goodness!! It has helped me so much to organize and plan my weekly, as well my long-term, lesson plans. It's only $12 a year for a subscription to the site, and there are always offers to add free months to your subscription.

The site is available on all of my devices, which is one of my favorite features. If I wake up in the middle of the night and realize I forgot to write something in, I just grab my phone and voilà! Done.

Our school operates on an A-E day schedule. I was able to easily adjust my settings to incorporate this as well! It even shifts the days for me when we have days off.

After creating my daily schedule blocks, I can click on them each week and add the necessary information. It also gives me the option to add links, pictures, and files. Comes in handy!

A new feature I've been using this year is the "events" option. It's a great way to enter in special assemblies, meetings, and reminders.

While I haven't used it, there is also a way to share your lesson plans with colleagues. I can see how that would be a great way to collaborate with teammates and share with other teachers who work directly with a teacher's class.

The picture below shows what my weekly plan looks like, taken from a screenshot on my phone. You can change the colors, fonts, and set-up to meet your needs.

How do you organize your lesson plans? Do you have any tools that come in handy?

~Laura

Fully customizable - colors, fonts, events, and more! Screenshot from my phone

1 comment:

  1. I am loving planbook.com. The standards option is great since we have to have them listed in our plans. I haven't used the attachment option, but will look into it.

    ReplyDelete